Sunday 15 June 2014

Day 10 - 8 June - Normanton to Roadside Camp by Dry Creek Bed - 80 km

Slow start this morning, we did not get going until 8:45 and headed out of town for Burketown.  The first hour was bitumen so we made good time and it then turned to gravel.  Strong crosswind made riding hard.

We stopped off at the Burke and Wills Campsite 119. Not much to see but what was there we saw.








Headed off again and heard some grunting, next thing wild pigs are running towards me so I took off.  They stopped chasing me so I stopped to take a picture of Joe being chased by the pigs when he came passed.  Buggers didn't even bother.  For those that remember I was chased by pigs last year as well and I think they chase me because they know I eat bacon while Joe is a veggo so they give him a free pass.

Stopped for lunch and discovered we had left our cheese and wraps in the fridge at the caravan park.  Bugger.  Not the end of the world, but makes things a bit harder.  We had boiled eggs and spoonfuls of peanut butter for lunch.  Very nutritious.

 Did more hard ks battling the wind and then decided to call it a day at a dry creek bed where we camped beside the road for the night.
 Lots of road trains going passed our campsite.  Pretty rough, but we were tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment