Thursday 19 June 2014

Day 20 - 18 June - Cape Crawford to October Creek - 100 km

Packed up and headed into the roadhouse for scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast.  A bit leathery, but beats muesli again.  On the bikes and for once we had a tailwind.  Did 40 km in no time and stopped at a wayside stop at the top of a steep hill.

While I was waiting for Joe I had a chat with a guy from Lilydale who stopped to offer me water.  He was also a cyclist and had done 21 Great Victorian Bike Rides.  Good effort.

After a short rest we kept going and did a fast 20 km thanks to the tailwind.  Had lunch beside the road, boiled eggs and cheese in wraps.

Off again to ride to the October a Creek rest stop where we decided to stop for the night.  About 10 km before we got there a Kiwi couple asked Joe if he needed water.  He is shameless and asked if they had anything colder and they gave him .25 of a bottle of Iced Tea.  Lucky bugger.  They also asked me when they passed but I said I was OK.

Got to the rest stop and there was water, shade and a table. Luxury.

Had a great tea of BBQ Shapes entre followed by pasta, beans and sardines.

We both had a good bush shower using the water from the tank.  Fantastic...we don't usually have the opportunity to shower in the bush.  Reminded me of a scene from Lady Chatterley's Lover, but I couldn't find Lady Chatterley.

No comments:

Post a Comment